Campus Celebrity: Jessie Shubrook

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

This week’s celebrity is senior Jessie Shubrook, who is the current president of Tri Delta. Jessie is a wonderful role model and president, and below she discusses her future, UVM, being president, and time management.

Torey: Tell me a little bit about yourself.

Jessie: I’m from Ohio but my family is moving back to California this Christmas so no more cold weather for me! I danced up until college and still love to when I can, it’s definitely the thing I miss most from high school. And when I grow up I want to be a federal defense lawyer, preferably in San Francisco.

T: Why did you choose UVM?

J: I chose UVM because I loved the school’s commitment to the environment and social justice, not to mention how beautiful it is.

T: When did you know you wanted to be in Greek life?

J: I decided to go out for sorority recruitment because I missed being on teams and clubs in high school and I thought it would be a good way to get involved. I met my Big the first night of recruitment and knew I had made a good choice!

T: Besides Greek life, what are you involved in, both on campus and off?

J: Besides being in Tri Delta I am the chair of Habitat for Humanity and I intern downtown for a private detective agency.

T: What has becoming president of Tri Delta meant to you? What have you gained from the experience?

J: Being the president of Tri Delta has been such an honor and a great learning experience. I’ve learned how to network, juggle a lot of different things at once, and communicate affectively.

T: How have you been able to manage being president, schoolwork, and your other commitments? Do you have advice for those who worry about time management?

J: I’m terrible at time management so it has definitely been difficult at times. The best advice I can give is what my mom tells me on a weekly basis: only worry about the things you can control. I’ve found this applies to pretty much everything in life.