The Best Lyrics From Cardi B’s Invasion of Privacy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

For me, it’s extremely rare to find an album that is worthy of downloading in its entirety. When the sensational rapper Cardi B released her debut album, Invasion of Privacy, on April 6, I was surprised to find that every single song was a masterpiece. There are absolutely no skips or filler songs throughout the thirteen songs. With features from Migos, Chance the Rapper, Kehlani, 21 Savage, YG, Bad Bunny, J Balvin, and SZA, Cardi made an album that will no doubt be one of the best of the year. More than that, it put Cardi B in the realm of other great rappers and proved that she was capable of more than anyone had expected. She manages to fuse together vulnerability, confidence, sexuality, and female empowerment in her lyrics, while also providing fans with some club bangers to dance to and firing back at the haters. Here is a list of some of the best lyrics from Invasion of Privacy.

Song 1: Get Up 10

“Went from makin’ tuna sandwiches to makin’ the news / I started speakin’ my mind and tripled my views / Real b****, only thing fake is the boobs”

“They say I’m too that, oh, I’m too this / When you seen what I’ve seen, you end up like this”

Song 2: Be Careful

“Be careful with me, do you know what you doin’? / Whose feelings that you’re hurtin’ and bruisin’? / You gon’ gain the whole world / But is it worth the girl that you’re losin’?”

“You even got me trippin’, you got me lookin’ in the mirror different / Thinkin’ I’m flawed because you inconsistent / Between a rock and a hard place, the mud and the dirt / It’s gon’ hurt me to hate you, but lovin’ you’s worse”

Song 3: Best Life (feat. Chance the Rapper)

“That’s when they came for me on Twitter with the backlash / ‘#CardiBIsSoProblematic’ is the hashtag / I can’t believe they wanna see me lose that bad”

Song 4: I Like It

“Yeah they call me Cardi B, I run this s**t like cardio”

Song 5: Ring (feat. Kehlani)

“The ring on my phone, ring on my finger / You actin’ like you ain’t tryna do either / Once a good girl, watch me turn diva / Here goes my heart, I put it on speaker”

Song 6: Money Bag

“I said ‘Bae, it’s a snack,’ he said it’s a entrée / With them pretty a** twins, you look like Beyoncé”

“These b****es salty, they sodium, they jelly, petroleum / Always talkin’ in the background, don’t never come to the podium”

Song 7: She Bad

“Shorty said it’s all hers, why her thighs don’t match?”

“I need Chrissy Teigen / Know a bad b**** when I see one / Tell Rih-Rih I need a threesome”

Song 8: I Do (feat. SZA)

“Leave his texts on read, leave his b***s on blue / Put it on airplane mode so none of those calls come through”

Born in Boston, MA and raised in Plymouth, MA by Patrick and Margaret Conant. Film and Television Studies Major with a Minor in Political Science. Has a dog, a cat, and two guinea pigs back home. Lover of food, memes, and fandoms.
Jenna Toth is a second year student at the University of Vermont, majoring in public communication. Jenna is no stranger to the world of writing-- her grandfather, Owen Canfield, is a former sports writer for the Hartford Courant in Connecticut. She considers him one of her biggest inspirations when it comes to writing. During her downtime, Jenna enjoys long walks to the fridge, playing songs on her ukulele, and cuddling with her black lab, Oliver. If you'd like to read more of Jenna's personal work or learn more about her, check out her social media: Twitter: https://twitter.com/jennalouisetoth Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jennatoth/ Tumblr: https://jennalouisetoth.tumblr.com/