Style > Beauty

The Beauty Closet: Rachel’s March Beauty Favorites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

Let’s be real, March here at UVM has not been a fun month. Although it’s technically spring, there is still tons of snow on the ground and it definitely feels more like winter. But that hasn’t stopped me from finding some great products to remind you that warmer temps are on the way!

1.    Lorac Lip Luxe 8 Hour Lip Care, $16. Although it doesn’t last for 8 hours, this little wonder comes pretty close. I put it on in the morning and color still remains five hours later, even after eating. There are only about six colors in the range but they’re all beautifully pigmented and you don’t have to keep reapplying.

2.   Origins Stay Tuned Balancing Face Makeup, $24. I love Origins but had no idea their products were available in Vermont. It turns out Macy’s has an Origins counter with all the products of a normal store! This foundation is great for combination skin, which I have, and there are colors to match every skin tone. It blends very well with a kabuki brush.

3.   The Balm Cindy Lou-Manizer, $24. I love highlighters and this one is no exception. It’s a beautiful light pink/peach color that also works as a blush. It adds warmth and a nice glow to make your face really look awake and bright.

4.   The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder, $20. It can be hard to find a good bronzer that doesn’t make you look overly tan. These ones from the Body Shop, available in four shades, can work for any need depending on your preference. The lighter shades are great to add a hint of color to your face, and the darker shades work well for contouring as they are pretty matte.

5.    Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask, $24. I had been using this product for a while in high school and recently rediscovered it. Although it’s called a mask, it’s actually a really thick and moisturizing cream that I apply every night to hydrate my dry winter skin.

6.   Lancome Color Design 5 Pan Eyeshadow Palette, $50. These babies are definitely a splurge but so worth it. All five colors work beautifully together to really create a coordinated eye look, and there are so many different color options available it’s hard to pick just one. There’s no fall out to the glitter shadows and it’s very natural, which I find is hard to come by.

I’ve loved sharing my monthly beauty favorites with you, and hope you enjoy reading them! In case you can’t tell, I’m a huge makeup junkie and love discovering new things. Are there any things you want to see in our beauty closet? Or any products you want reviewed? Just comment below!