Style > Beauty

The Beauty Closet: Rachel’s January Beauty Favorites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

My inner beauty guru is so excited to start this new column. I’m a huge beauty junkie and I’m always looking to try new things. Every month, I’ll give you the scoop on some awesome new products that I’ve tried, own, and swear by.

1. Revlon Highlighting Palette, featured in Bronze ($12).

I’m a huge fan of the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks to provide a great highlight, but at over $40 each, they aren’t too wallet-friendly. These new palettes from Revlon provide five different shades that when used together delivers a beautiful finish on your cheekbones and foreheads without too much shimmer. The colors can be used individually as eyeshadows too!

2. Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette, ($52).

A girl can never have too much eyeshadow, and the Naked 3 palette is a great investment to add to your collection! This palette features 12 gorgeous rose-toned shades to flatter all skin tones, and they blend well together or can be worn on their own. They’re extremely high quality and will last you forever.

3. Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm, featured in Standout ($7).

There are so many different lipsticks, stains, lipbalms, and more out there that it’s hard to figure out what you really want. These new balms by Revlon are a combination of a stain and a balm, providing color and keeping you moisturized for hours. There’s also a lacquer balm collection for those who prefer more shine. Check out the “Standout” color featured in the opening picture for a great true red color.

4. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Primer, ($6).

It’s important to prime your skin before putting on foundation so you can get an even finish, and this one does its job well. It also decreases the size of your pores while not making your skin too oily, and who can beat the price?

5. Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation, featured in Buff Beige ($12).

Stop your search for the perfect foundation because I have found it! This foundation is amazing at creating a flawless face without looking like you have tons of makeup caked on. I was surprised at the quality of this foundation since I’ve tried some higher-end ones and nothing has worked as well. There are plenty of shades available to match any skin tone.

6. YSL Manifesto Perfume, ($80).

I love discovering new perfumes, and YSL Manifesto is my latest obsession. It’s a muskier vanilla scent that works for any occasion, and the bottle is adorable.

7. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, ($17).

Prepare for all those pesky zits to go away. I’m not kidding. Just dab a Q-Tip into this awesome spot treatment, put it on your pesky zit overnight, and watch it disappear by morning. Just make sure you know you’re not going anywhere before you put it on because it does leave a pink dot on top of the zit.

So while some people have New Year’s resolutions that include things like working out or studying more, you can make a simple resolution that’s easy to maintain by adding one of my January Beauty Favorites to your daily routine!