Style > Beauty

The Beauty Closet: Hot New Sunglass Trends for Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

Looking for that new ‘it’ pair of sunglasses, and don’t even know where to begin? Here are a few places where you can find the hottest new sunglasses for a reasonable price.

FREE PEOPLE

I am beyond obsessed with Free People’s spring sunglasses. Their looks this season are a little retro, but you can add a bohemian flair with a headband or hat. What makes them even better is their price! They only cost $18 (what?!) AND they give you 100% UVA and UVB protection. For that price, you can buy multiple pairs without feeling guilty. The frames are a little on the bigger side, but I feel like this is a style that everyone can pull off. They come in such fun colors too! If I were to choose a color to play it safe, I’d get the tortoise, because it goes with everything. Feeling bold? Go for a springy color like peach or baby blue.

AMERICAN APPAREL

American Apparel offers classic sunglasses in any style you could ever imagine. No, but really, check out their website because they have endless possibilities! Their styles sometimes seem a little out there, but paired with the right outfit, these sunglasses could be a total statement piece. They usually range from about $35-$60, which is still fairly cheap. These are the types of sunglasses you might need to try on in the store, because they don’t have pictures of the models wearing them. I’d say go for it if you already have in mind what kind of frame looks best on you.

RAY BAN

The classic Ray Ban’s- we’re all dying to have a pair! If you’re willing to splurge a little for a pair of sunglasses, these are the ones for you! They have classic styles like the Aviator and Wayfarer. If you’re willing to invest in a pair of Ray Ban’s, go on the website and design them yourself. They make it really easy for you to personalize a pair. First, choose your optics, and then choose your lense type.  Since these are a bit of a splurge (around $150), I suggest going for a more subtle color like black, brown, or tortoise. These colors are very neutral and can be worn all year round.