Style > Beauty

Beauty Closet: Holiday Dinner Makeup Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

We all know that one family member at the holiday gatherings that will inevitably comment on your outfit, hair-do, and of course your make-up, (or lack there of). I remember the first time my Grandpa saw me wear make-up to one of our dinners over break. The way he talked about it you would have thought they had discovered a new life-bearing planet. The topic of conversation seemed to be more about why and when I put on mascara than school or sports or other normal-dinner-table-topics. Of course times change and your family get used to things, but just in case your Grandfather can be as conservative as mine at times, there are some really fun natural looks to help you shine in the family photos and avoid having your face be the hot topic for discussion all weekend

-Try a simple, natural tone of eye shadow; one with a little shine is really pretty paired with liquid liner and mascara.

-Cream blushes in warm peaches or pinks give the cheeks a subtle rosy color.

-For a subtly pretty lip color try something peachy to match your cheeks!

-But in case you like to go all out for your holiday make up, you should try false eyelashes, a glittery manicure, red lips, and maybe some shimmer here and there, because, well, why not? Here is some inspiration for the holiday glam girl too!

Junior at the University of Vermont