This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

I love my high-end makeup from places like Sephora and MAC, but unfortunately my wallet does not. However, there are plenty of amazing products that you can get at the drugstore for under $12. Here are just a few of the many that make my wallet happy.

1.    Revlon Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator, $11. You can use this as a primer, in place of foundation, mixed with moisturizer, and so much more. The four different shades give a beautiful dewy glow to your skin without looking too oily. My two favorites are the bare light and pink light shades.

2.   Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow, $7. I love these eyeshadows, in case you couldn’t tell by the excessive amount I own. They really do stay for 24 hours and don’t crease. The nude shades are extremely versatile, but there are also a variety of color shades for the more adventurous folks out there. These babies work well as a base or blended with your other favorite shadows.

3.   L’Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara, $9. This works extremely well as a second coat mascara, because the unique wand is curved to pick up those little lashes that never seem to get any love. It provides volume and length without clumping, which is a task that many mascaras can’t live up to.

4.   Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Color, $9. Is it a lip gloss? Or a lip stain? This is kind of both—it starts out with a glossy look then wears to a nice pigmented stain. It also makes lips feel extremely nourished, and definitely has the feel of a higher-end lipgloss/stain/stick/whatever you wanna call it.

5.    Almay Smoky Eyeshadow Trio, $7. These trios are perfect for creating a three step natural smoky eye, and they come in sets for every eye color. The colors blend beautifully together, and you can make it more dramatic/natural depending on your preference.

6.   NYX Cosmetics Studio Finishing Powder, $10. I use this powder every day to set my entire face, and it works wonderfully at creating a matte finish and controlling oil. It also seals in your entire look, and doesn’t show up on top of foundation.

So walk, don’t run, to Rite Aide/Walgreens/CVS/Walmart, whatever drugstore you want and pick up one of these products! At under $10 each, that’s cheaper than a dinner out and your wallet will thank you!