This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

There are so many ways to support the Black community and the Black Lives Matter movement. Some great ways you can support are by donating to organizations, joining protests, and educating yourself as well as your friends and family. Supporting Black-owned businesses is also an easy way to support great businesses which, because of COVID-19 need it now more than ever.

Briogeo

Briogeo was founded by Nancy Twine who used to create homemade hair care products with her grandmother and wanted to share them with others. All their products are organic and work to simplify your hair return while supplying your hair with the nutrients it needs. Their hair masks are my personal favorites! I love the Don’t Despair, Repair for hydration and the Scalp Revival for buildup. 

Golden Girly 

Like many people, I am not going out much which has made me realize my appreciation for comfortable loungewear. Golden Girly offers a wide range of colors and sizes in all types of loungewear, and the best part is, THEY ARE CUSTOMIZABLE. That means you can dm them through Instagram, the size, color, and style of what you want, and they make it specially for you. These items are high quality, cute, and comfortable. You can find them on Instagram and Depop!

Octave Jewelry

If you’re looking to splurge on some new jewelry, Octave offers beautiful, handmade sterling silver earrings and bracelets made in Brooklyn, New York. These pieces are stunning and add a beautiful look to whatever you’re wearing. With a mix of metal and stone these earrings are one of a kind. 

Riot Swim

Riot has become a big deal in the swimwear industry. It has been featured by Harper’s Bazaar, Elle, and Daily Mail. This company offers both one- and two-piece bathing suits and has a long list of stellar reviews. 

KNC Beauty 

Kristen Noel Crawley founded this lip focused beauty brand that is sold at Sephora. Crawley realized that there were no organic lip masks that provided the level of moisture she was looking for, so on a trip to Tokyo she discovered for love for lip masks. The packaging is so cute, and the lip balms and scrubs are the best!

I hope you enjoyed this list!

Xoxo,

Atti Shepherd

Hi, I'm Atti! I'm from Brunswick, Maine. I am a Public Communications major.
Hi, I'm Isabelle! I am a collaborative Public Communication and Community Entrepreneurship student at the University of Vermont. I am passionate about public relations within industries that give back to the world, and I enjoy writing and working with others.