This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

While our current world is filled with chaos and uncertainty it can be nice to relax and momentarily escape reality through TV. Whether it’s fictitious love stories or based on true events, Netflix, Hulu, and MTV have more than enough shows to keep you entertained. So, as you’re stuck inside because of COVID-19 here are some shows that will keep you entertained.

1.) LOVE IS BLIND (Netflix)

If you’re reading this and your part of the small minority that has yet to watch this show….watch it. I was once like you and thought the concept of two people getting engaged before ever seeing each other in person seemed crazy. However, a few episodes in and you will soon get just as invested into the show as I did. Love is Blind is filled with plot twist after plot twist that will keep you on your toes right until the last moments. This is also a great show to start at the same time as your friend who you may not be able to be with at the moment due to social distancing. You guys will 100% be blowing up each other’s phones in disbelief at the craziness that goes down on this show. Not to mention, the memes circulating Twitter and Instagram will have you dying. May I say #messica.

2.) ONE TREE HILL (Hulu)

Whether you grew up loving this show or never got around to watching it, it’s never too late to start or rewatch. This show is an American teen classic that follows two brothers as they make their way through high school drama and post-graduation realities. Also young Chad Michael Murry… need I say more. If you’re a fan of “Gossip Girl” , “90210”, or any other mid-2000’s show this is definitely worth a watch. There are also nine seasons so this will keep you busy for a while.

3.) THE CROWN (Netflix)

If you want to watch TV while lowkey learning at the same time “The Crown” is the perfect pick for you. The show is a dramatization of the British royal family starting in the 1940s and making its way to modern-day. If you’re like me and know little about British history and the monarchy this is a great way to educate yourself while also staying entertained. Winner of the 2017 Golden Globe for Best Drama TV Series, “The Crown” is filled with phenomenal acting and performances by some of the best current actors and actresses. Don’t be intimidated by the educational nature of the show either, there’s just as much drama and scandal as you’d find in an episode of your fav soap except it’s all based on real events!

4.) SIESTA KEY (MTV)

If you are tired of looking out your window wondering when summer will finally come, “Siesta Key” is the perfect escape. Filmed in the beautiful barrier island off the coast of Sarasota, Florida this show will give you an instant taste of summer. “Siesta Key” is a reality TV show done in the narration style of other hits such as “The Hills” and “Laguna Beach”. It follows a dramatic friend group as they make their way through life’s ups and downs. This show is another one that I was hesitant to start but 30 minutes into the first episode was automatically hooked. Also, the newest season came out recently so this is a great time to catch up on seasons one and two!

5.) TIGER KING (Netflix)

This one I actually haven’t started yet but figured I’d throw it in since everyone has been talking about it. “Tiger King” is a docuseries that follows the life of big cat owner Joe Exotic who goes from zoo owner to convicted criminal. Friends who have already watched this show have told me it is indescribably crazy and a must-watch.

So, the next time you’re wondering what show to start next I hope some of these suggestions help you out! And just one last final note, while it is a great time to catch up on some TV don’t forget to spend some time outside and disconnect.

Stay safe and positive!

Grace Willean

Edited by Isabelle Vogell

I am a senior Public Communication student at the University of Vermont. I am passionate about public relations and brand communications within the fashion and lifestyle industry.
Hello! My name is Alex Rosenberger and I was the Campus Correspondent my senior year for the Her Campus Chapter at University of Vermont from January 2020- May 2020. At UVM I studied Public Communication and it's where I found my current passions which includes lifestyle writing, content creation, branding, and graphic design! Thanks for reading!