christian wiediger ZYLmudR28SA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
christian wiediger ZYLmudR28SA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The YouTube Channels You NEED To Subscribe To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Happy April, hoos! I know how stressful this point of the semester can be, and watching YouTube is a great outlet to relieve the stress of schoolwork and approaching finals. Here are some of my favorite YouTubers that I think everyone should subscribe to!

Jeffree Star

This one is for all of my beauty-obsessed queens out there! If you want the real tea about new beauty products, you have to watch Jeffree’s videos. He gives his raw and honest opinion on just about everything. From reviewing Kylie’s newest lipkit to creating flawless makeup looks, he covers just about everything in the beauty world. Plus, his hilarious and brutally honest personality is golden!​

(photo courtesy of www.beautylish.com)

Safiya Nygaard

If you love BuzzFeed videos, you will love Safiya’s content. She is actually a former BuzzFeed employee, before leaving to pursue her own career, and I couldn’t thank her enough for that. She investigates loads of sketchy ads you might stumble across on FaceBook or Instagram, and concludes whether or not sites like Wish and Romwe are scams. Safiya’s videos are super unique to the YouTube community, so I definitely recommend giving her a watch!

(Photo courtesy of http://youtube.wikia.com)

Kelsey Simone

Kelsey’s videos are for my fashion-forward gals out there. Her aesthetic is always on-point, and her style is so innovative, incorporating both edgy and cute pieces into a cohesive look that looks boujee AF. She also uploads natural makeup tutorials, which are great for everyday wear or for class. Her personality is super sweet, and it’s impossible to not love her content!

(Photo courtesy of www.youtube.com)

Shane Dawson

Shane is one of YouTube’s most famous alumni, however, his content has shifted massively in recent years. If you’re in need of a good laugh, Shane’s channel is definitely the place to go. He also produces more serious content, including creepy conspiracy theories. His content varies widely, and I promise, it will not disappoint!​(Photo courtesy of http://youtube.wikia.com)

These videos will be the ultimate relaxing escape from your piling exams, essays, and projects over the upcoming weeks!

Hello! I'm Dahlia Hamandi, and I'm a fourth year media studies major at the University of Virginia. Some of my hobbies and passions include fashion, photography, cinematography, and watching an excessive amount of YouTube!