Why Hillary Clinton Is A Role Model To All Women

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

At this point, all debates are over, the election is in less than three weeks, and most Americans have made up their minds. When the debate resembles an SNL skit more than a debate between educated candidates, we know that something is wrong. However, having our first female presidential candidate is a huge step for America. We will (hopefully) have a strong, qualified woman in the most powerful position in government, and that is a pretty big deal. Little girls will grow up believing that they can be president, eliminating the stereotype of a male presidency. If you’re still undecided in this election, take a look at the reasons why Hillary Clinton will be a role model for generations to come, regardless of the outcome of the election.

1. She’s educated

From Wellesley undergrad to Yale Law School, HRC knows her stuff. She has years of experience in public office, and has learned from her mistakes along the way. One thing is for sure, you’ll never find Hillary asking about Aleppo.

2. She’s eloquent

Each time Clinton speaks, you can tell that she has practiced and worked hard. She is quick at thinking on her feet to answer tough questions, and does so eloquently and with immense poise. HRC has not said “bigly” or called anyone a “bad hombre.” Even if she dodges the question, she does so with grace.

3. She’s resilient

It must be hard to be campaigning against a bully, but Hillary does not give up. She does not let tough or false accusations get to her; HRC can handle herself in any situation.

4. She wears awesome pantsuits

Finally, even Republicans have to agree that Hillary rocks her pantsuits. To quote my hall-mate as Hillary walked out in her all white pantsuit at the third debate, “she looks like an angel!” The media comments on appearances often, but her pantsuits show that she is powerful and ready to get down to business.

Election Day is November 8. In any way you can, whether it’s absentee ballot, early voting, or in person, vote for who you think the best candidate is for our country, but remember, Hillary Clinton is and will be a role model for girls of all ages.

My name is Nora and I'm a first year at UVA. I'm undecided in my major but it will most likely be something politics related. I really love swimming and UVA! WAHOOWA!