What Your Computer Stickers Say About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

These observations are based on cold, hard science so you better pay attention*. 

*not actually based on any sort of science at all but still prevalent to your life. 

No Stickers, Soft Case

You are one classy broad. You like that minimalist style, and know that classic is chic and timeless. Your soft case helps you to maintain your sleek look, especially since you drag your most expensive accessory around grounds with you on a daily basis.

Stickers Right on Computer

You live on the wild side, girl! You know what you believe and you are sticking it straight to the metal (or polycarbonate or whatever computers are made out of). You are confident that in three years you will still want to show people you love Parks and Rec with a Mouse Rat sticker, your hometown will be your defining feature, and that you definitely want people to know you went to UVA.

Decal on Computer

Tricky, tricky. You know that fads come and go and that you probably won’t want a sticker that says #Swagrid with a picture of Hagrid in two years, but you know what come off easily? Decals. Made for your computer so you don’t have to worry about that sticky residue. You have probably mastered the art of subtlety and deception by now, right? I thought so.  

Stickers on Hard Case

Cautious and thoughtful are two words people might use to describe you. They also could say that you are apprehensive and uncertain. You know what you like right now, but what about in a year? A week? Heck—tomorrow! Who knows if you will even graduate from UVA, how can you put a Cavalier sticker on your computer? And what if you suddenly become ashamed of being from RVA? The horror! It does however make it easier if you change your mind, so, kudos to you.

Hard Case, No Stickers

Do you wear elbow pads when you walk around grounds, because you are all about the safety. That case of yours is for the sole purpose of protecting the edges of your computer. You are reserved and cautious, and some may say, lack a little bit of personality. It’s okay though because three years in the future, your computer will look like it’s straight out of the package. 

Katrina Margolis graduated from the University of Virginia with a degree in English and Film. She served as the senior editor of HC UVA for two and a half years. She is currently an assistant editor for The Tab. Wahoowa!