This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

The holiday season is right around the corner! It may not feel like it though, so here are some TV shows and movies that you can watch to feel some of the festive cheer.

A charlie brown christmas

This Christmas special was released in 1965, but it is still a classic! Charlie Brown attempts to find the deeper meaning of Christmas, and his heartwarming journey along with Snoopy’s antics will get you excited for the holiday! Plus the Christmas song at the end will be stuck in your head for days!

Friends, Season 2, Episode 9: “The One with phoebe’s Dad”

Looking for something short and sweet, this Friends episode on Max is filled with good moments including Rachel and Monica’s Christmas Party where Ross accidentally breaks the radiator!

ELF

This Christmas comedy movie starring Will Ferrell as Buddy always reminds me of the last day of school before break. This movie is perfect to show at any Christmas party or just to watch with friends.

The Great British Baking show: Holidays

On Netflix, The Great British Baking Show: Holidays is a perfect way to get into the holiday spirit especially if you are busy with exams! You can put on the show in the background and watch as bakers compete to make all kinds of traditional English goods. After watching, I always want to attempt to make the ridiculously difficult desserts!

Frosty the snowman

Frosty the Snowman debuted in 1969 and has been going strong ever since then! The movie follows a girl and a magic snowman who must escape from an evil magician trying to steal Frosty’s magic. The movie has two sequels in case you watch it and want more! Frosty’s holiday songs will get even the meanest grinch ready for Christmas!

Gabriella is a third-year majoring in History and Archaeology with a Spanish minor. She hopes to attend law school in the future and is passionate about repatriation, restorative justice, and sexual respect. She currently serves as the HerCampusatUVA's Campus Correspondent/Vice President! In Gabriella's free time, she enjoys reading fantasy books, working out, traveling, and finding new music to listen to! Around grounds, she is also involved with her sorority and CORE (Culture of Respect Educators)!