This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

The fall time of year always seems to be rung in with the same food/drink item every year: the pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks. It is the key essential ingredient to any cozy fall day and makes the rainy autumn days just a bit warmer. However, with all of the spotlight on this one drink, so many other pumpkin foods are left out of the spotlight! To try and right this wrong, I have concocted a list of the most delicious pumpkin-related food items to help your stomach get in the fall spirit.

Pumpkin Muffins

Alright, I know what you’re thinking. Pumpkin muffins? Boring! But they are absolutely not. Picture it: warm, spicy muffin to go with your morning coffee. Heating it up is absolutely necessary. The pumpkin flavor is just enough to feel like fall. Bonus points if you eat it while reading a book!

cream-filled Pumpkin Cupcakes

You may be tempted to say, “Hey, isn’t that almost the same thing as a pumpkin muffin?” And I would have to tell you that no, it is entirely different. Pumpkin cupcakes tend to be more sweet and less spicy, all with the additional joy of delicious frosting. And, if you’re lucky, you’ll find the kind filled with cream. That’s when you’ve hit the jackpot. I’d suggest Food Lion’s pumpkin cupcakes!

Pumpkin bread

This is a classic and always gives me nostalgic vibes, and reminds me of grandmas for some reason. It’s so cozy and so delicious and should not be skipped this fall season. A good pumpkin bread leaves you satisfied and ready to take on your mountain of homework.

Banana Bread
Helena Lin / Spoon
Any Trader Joe’s Pumpkin food/drink

While I have not tried all of Trader Joe’s special pumpkin treats, I can guarantee they are delectable. BRB might actually head to Trader Joe’s right now…

A picture of Trader Joe\'s fall Goods
Original photo by Brooke Sagun
Nikki is a fourth year and a Biology major at the University of Virginia. Her loves in life include reading, animals, and cookies! Writing is one of her creative outlets and she hopes you enjoy her articles as much as she enjoys writing them!