The Top Ten Christmas Songs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, we can finally embrace the Christmas season in full force! Honestly one of the best feelings is being able to blast Christmas music while driving, getting ready, and just hanging around. I have the perfect holiday playlist for you here for the ultimate holly jolly day. There are way more than ten songs, but here are ten of my favorite holiday classics (or renditions of classics).

1. Last Christmas – Wham!

This is my absolute favorite Christmas song hands down. I love every version of this song, and there is certainly more than one rendition of this in my playlist. I guess even heartbreak can be festive with the right lyrics and tunes.

2. All I Want For Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey (and Michael Buble too because his version deserves some recognition)

It’s not Christmas without this iconic anthem. I literally blasted this right after Thanksgiving. It’s a whole mood is all I have to say.

(Photo courtesy of genius.com)

3. Feliz Navidad – Jose Feliciano

This is my dad’s favorite Christmas song. I’m also proud to say that I have taken Spanish for six consecutive years and can understand the 4% of Spanish in this song fully now.

4. Underneath the Tree – Kelly Clarkson

Kelly Clarkson is a queen, and her holiday album is a bop. This is my favorite track from it. It’s so cheerful and fun!

5. My Song For You (from “Good Luck Charlie”) – Bridgit Mendler and Shane Harper

I LOVED Good Luck Charlie growing up, and I LOVED its holiday episode. This song is so beautiful and lovely; I get chills every time I listen to it.

(Photo courtesy of goodluckcharlie.wikia.com)

6. Mistletoe – Justin Bieber

Another pop classic – I have no shame.

7. Little Saint Nick – The Beach Boys

The Beach Boys are a staple even in the winter. (That was a bad joke, I apologize).

(Courtesy of doyouremember.com)

8. Wonderful Christmastime – Paul McCartney

This song simply puts me in a wonderful mood. I can’t wait to be simply having a wonder Christmastime!

9. Christmas Eve/ Sarajevo – Trans Siberian Orchestra

Despite being an instrumental, this song goes HARD.

10. Christmas Canon – Trans Siberian Orchestra

This song is SO beautiful. I truly believe it’s the most classic Christmas tune. I grew up listening to this on the radio, in malls, and on the Arthur’s Perfect Christmas holiday special. The melody and chorus makes me feel really cozy and nostalgic. This track is MAGICAL.

Shirley is a fourth year at the University of Virginia. She loves coffee, books, and plants. She also hopes that you'll enjoy her articles!