element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top 5 Picks For Christmas Candles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Ah, the holidays. Whether you love them or hate them, there’s no use denying it; they are finally here. The CVS on the Corner has moved on from their 2 for 1 leftover Halloween candy sale, and the aisles once filled with pumpkin shaped Reese’s and pumpkin spice M&Ms are now shades of red and green. While Thanksgiving has yet to arrive, winter and holiday candles are already on the stands at every Bath and Body Works and home decor store. We’ve rounded up the best seasonal candles to fill your space with the scent of the holidays.

1. Cinnamon & Clove Bud by Bath and Body Works

Made using the highest concentration of fragrance oils, this candle from fan favorite Bath and Body Works will fill up your home with warm notes of cinnamon and clove. Recommended for Chai Tea latte lovers. ($24.50)

2. Winter White Luxe Sanded Mercury Glass Candle by Illume

While a little bit more on the expensive side, the unique scent and beautiful presentation is worth it. Frosted cypress and white peppercorn give the perfect balance of warm and sharp notes, and the gilded gold jar will add the perfect holiday accessory to any room. ($54)

3. NEST Holiday Classic Candle

This delicious candle from NEST blends pomegranate, mandarin orange, pine, cloves, cinnamon, vanilla, and amber for a classic take on the holiday scent. The fruity notes combine with the intense spices to create a nostalgic holiday feeling, and the gold striped container will bring some sparkle to the winter season. ($40)

4. Pine and Eucalyptus Home Candle from Jo Malone

Jonathan Adler’s holiday candle is back for another year, and it’s equal parts cozy and fresh. The eucalyptus adds crispness while pine creates a scent emblematic of the perfect Christmas tree. ($65)

5. Spiced Chestnut by Williams Sonoma

If you’ve ever wondered what Chestnuts really smell like roasting on an open fire, now is your chance. You’ll get the warm, buttery fragrance of chestnuts as well as an aromatic blend of cinnamon and clove. Williams Sonoma has great holiday scents every year, and their “Spiced Chestnut” candle is no exception.

University of Virginia '18 English and Media Studies Major