Tis the Season, to Stuff Your Stocking with Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

With Thanksgiving kicking off the holiday season, tis the season to shop, shop, shop! For the next month, flashing deals and steals will surround us, enticing us to gobble up as many bargains as we can! But what many fashionistas do not know, is that the holiday season is the best time to expand your makeup collection. Inspired by the season of gifting, many makeup brands put together value kits or sample packs for you to get a taste of the different products at a reduced cost. You can sample eyeshadows, complexion kits, eyeliners or get a little bit of everything. I recently purchased the Carried Away Collector’s kit from Tarte, a brand known for using Amazonian clay in their products to leave a less harsh footprint on the skin. This jam packed collection came with 24 eyeshadows, 8 lip glosses, mascara, blush, finishing powder, a full size complexion brush, and a cute travel case with mirror, giving you $512 worth of top quality product for just $54. Still a bit of a splurge, but if that isn’t a bargain, I’m not sure what is. Check out Sephora and Ulta for tons of value kits in brands ranging from Benefit to Smashbox, Philosophy and Bare Minerals. Just check the sizes of each of the components ahead of time to make sure you’re getting a good deal. Value kits could be a great present to ask for from Santa, to try out different products and add a little bit of sparkle and spice to your collection!