jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Three Movies to Start the Semester Off Strong

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

As sad as I am to see the summer go, fall semester is here and I am ready to jump back into the school groove headfirst. I always tend to have a bit more free time at the beginning of the semester, and instead of planning out deadlines and doing job research, I usually spend it watching tv or going on a movie binge. Here are three movies I’ve been watching and you should watch to start off the school year, and the semester, strong. 

Legally Blonde

This one’s a classic. You might laugh, but every time I watch this movie, I get really motivated by Elle Woods and her ability to get into Harvard. The purpose of why she applies to law school may not be the most practical reason to apply to law school, but it’s a loveable, comedic movie with school themes and Reese Witherspoon, who is ah-mazing. 

Picture via MarySue.com

The Clique

I might still be living in 2008, but this movie about the new girl in school trying to fit into a wealthy pack of girls at her new middle school always brings back my middle school memories and references. It reminds me of what it feels like to try and fit in somewhere, and then forge your own path. Or I could just be analyzing too much into a film made for young girls. Who knows. 

Picture via Clique Fandom

High School Musical

Okay, you caught me, I’m not in high school anymore. But it doesn’t mean I can’t relive my glorious High School musical days. Who didn’t live and breathe the soundtrack, over and over again? And who are you if you aren’t still living and breathing it? But for real, this movie brings me so much comfort.

Picture via Movies.Disney.Com

Isabelle is a fourth year majoring in American Studies at the University of Virginia. In her free time, she enjoys binging on Netflix and taking group fitness classes. She has a tri-color corgi puppy named Brooklyn and has an unhealthy obsession with Trader Joes. Follow her at @islorenn on instagram!