Style > Beauty

The New Sweet Chef Carrot Ginger Skincare Line is About to Join Your List of Skincare Favs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

This month, Her Campus at UVA got an amazing opportunity to partner with Sweet Chef and try their new Carrot Ginger + Salicylic Acid Pore Cleanser and the Carrot Ginger Blemish Rescue Patches as a part of the Her Campus X Sweet Chef campaign.

Sweet Chef is created by the popular Glow Recipe team, and it is a vegan and Leaping Bunny certified cruelty-free skincare line. The brand is inspired by all things natural, healthy, and fresh-pressed, and their new Carrot Ginger line delivers as promised!

Shirley’s Review

The Carrot Ginger + Salicylic Acid Pore Cleanser is one of my new favorite cleansers! It is packaged in a bright orange bottle with a foaming pump, and I love the gentle lather it provides during my morning skincare routine. The ginger helps brighten the skin while the carrot has pore tightening abilities. The salicylic acid (BHA) helps decongest and exfoliate my oily skin and pores. I usually massage one pump onto damp skin and let it sit for about a minute before rinsing. After using it three times a week for a month, I have noticed that my acne-prone skin feels brighter and softer after each wash. The Carrot Ginger Blemish Rescue Patches have also been a huge life saver this month! Whenever I feel a pimple arising, I simply slap one of the patches on, and the small blemish is usually gone by the next morning. The little carrot design on one of the sheets is so cute and makes for a great selfie accessory too!

Nikki’s Review

I’ve been using the Carrot Ginger + Salicylic Acid Pore Cleanser for about a month now, and have been loving the results! I am someone who loves wearing a lot of makeup on a night out, however I have struggled with finding a cleanser to clean out my pores afterwards. This cleanser does a wonderful job of leaving my skin fresh and squeaky clean! Not only this, but it has significantly reduced my mask-related blemishes. I have also been loving the Carrot Ginger Blemish Rescue Patches; these are great for those pimples that just keep coming back no matter how many times you pop them. With both of these products, my skin has been so much happier, and I feel so much more comfortable going without makeup most days!

Check out these products at your local Target, or on the Sweet Chef website!

Shirley is a fourth year at the University of Virginia. She loves coffee, books, and plants. She also hopes that you'll enjoy her articles!