The It Girl’s Guide to Your 2023 Christmas List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Christmas is a great time to ask for things that you want, but would never consider buying for yourself. Let’s take a look at some of the things that people are really wanting for the 2023 Christmas season!

Now, you might be thinking…”Why is this girl already planning for her Christmas list? Does she not understand the beauty and importance of Thanksgiving?!?!” And to that I say, I do see it. Thanksgiving is personally one of my favorite holidays. I am a big mashed potato and pumpkin pie enthusiast. However, I am a planner. It is my duty to begin compiling my list of holiday wants into my Notes App with links and exact color preferences weeks before Christmas morning. I promise parents and grandparents love the foresight.

Slippers

Let’s be honest, no one likes cold feet. There is something so magical about a nice, fuzzy pair of slippers to make you extra cozy in front of the fire and the Christmas tree. I personally love my Ugg Slippers, and they come in many different styles! The Tasman Slipper is currently very popular. I am a big fan of my Scuffette II Slippers. I know Ugg is a bit more of an expensive brand, but there are plenty of slightly cheaper alternatives! Although they are not everyone’s favorite look, I think that the Bombas Slipper Boots are so precious. If you just want a slipper that can get the job done, these smiley ones from Amazon are sure to keep you and your feet very happy.

Water Bottles

Personally, I am not a big fan of the big Stanley cups…I KNOW I KNOW OKAY! I just prefer a bit more of a sleek water bottle look. But water cups and bottles, in general, have proven to be incredibly popular this Christmas season. I really quite like the brands Simple Modern and Hydroflask for my water bottles. They have the look that I enjoy, as well as being high quality and long-lasting for a reasonable price. I really like the 32 oz Hydroflask with the straw (you will notice that I am a straw enthusiast through and through). I also have grown to really like the Simple Modern one with this nice straw, especially for workouts or long walks.

Clothing sets

I love a good matching set, whether it is pjs or going out clothes. I think they are just such an elevated look and make it so easy to look put together. For PJ sets, I am a big fan of the ones from Forever 21 because they are both affordable and pretty good quality. There is also incredible variation with their selection: there are pajamas for a steamy night or for a Christmas night in with the girls. In terms of matching sweat sets, the ones from Aritzia I think are absolutely perfect and are great essentials. Not only can you wear them together, but you can pair them with many other pieces already in your wardrobe. They are a bit pricey, but I really think it is worth it.

Perfume

Here’s the thing, perfume is a challenging thing to buy for someone else. However, it is the perfect kind of gift: something typically pricey that you do not want to buy for yourself. But, Sephora and Ulta both sell perfume sampler kits that give you small amounts of several perfumes or colognes for the person to try, as well as a voucher for the full size of whichever was your favorite. I think that this is a great idea for Christmas, especially if you are trying to find your signature scent. This would also be a great thing to buy for someone else in your life.

Sweatshirts

I am a sweatshirt girl through and through. There is nothing compared to being cozy in a cute sweatshirt or being complimented on your sweatshirt. What more can I even say?? I should not need to convince you to buy more sweatshirts. Now, there are so many trendy sweatshirts out there that I am simply just going to link them! The ones I love are: Natural Life, Etsy, White Fox, Abercrombie, and Aelfriceden.

Kate Neff is a member of the social and writing teams for Her Campus at the University of Virginia Chapter. Beyond Her Campus, Kate studies Art History and Media Studies at UVA as a first year student. In her free time, Kate enjoys taking walks while listening to podcasts, playing tennis, reading outside, and watching movies with friends.