Stylitics: The Modern Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

If you’ve ever seen Clueless (of course you have, otherwise you should drop everything you’re doing and watch it right now), then you’ll remember the beginning scene where Cher is using a computer to look through her closet and pick out an outfit, ultimately deciding on yellow plaid skirt and blazer ensemble. Fast-forward a couple of decades and we now have the modern day version of it! Stylitics is a quickly growing database and networking website that allows you to document and organize your closet – all online! You can easily manage your personal style and get rewarded for it through style points.

Members receive a Stylistics Style Profile where they can display their style icons, items, trends, wish list, and more. Create a virtual wardrobe by clicking the ‘Add Items’ button and finding clothing and accessories that you own. If you can’t find it, you can manually enter the item’s information – brand, type, color, price, and more! Upload a picture of the object, click ‘Save Item’, and the item is automatically added to your virtual wardrobe. You can then pick items that you’re wearing today from your virtual wardrobe to display on your Today’s Outfit, and Stylitics keeps a calendar of your outfits daily. You get 25 points for adding an item to your closet, and 10 points for every item you check in. Conveniently, your Stylitics home page also comes with a weekly weather forecast for your location, your level and statistics, popular colors you wore this week, and your top brands for the week so that you’re always kept up to date.

Her Campus has teamed up with Stylitics to find the most stylish campus in America! Just create a style profile, identify your school, and try to get as many style points as possible through updating your closet, checking in items, receiving “likes”, and accumulating followers. The top 50 students with the most style points will be featured in a lookbook on Her Campus and receive a Prize Package, including jewelry from Chloe + Isabel and gift cards from Rent the Runway and Starbucks. The most stylish school will be featured on Her Campus, with the top 25 students from the school receiving a $50 gift card to Lucky Brand Jeans!

It takes all of two seconds to register, so join Stylitics, the constantly growing fashion community, to represent your school and organize your style.

Sara Neel is a second year studying architecture at the University of Virginia. She is a Contributing Writer and a Chapter Advisor for Her Campus. Apart from Her Campus, she is a writer and layout designer for her school's fashion magazine, V Magazine at UVa, and an Ambassador for Stylitics.com. When she's not busy writing or doing work, you can probably find her shopping, reading, playing tennis, or at Starbucks.