Spring Break Fashion Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

My fellow peers, we are so close to spring break, and I know that these couple of weeks leading up to break can be stressful, however, don’t let the stress of both school and spring break prep get you down. To make life easier, here are some of my spring break fashion essentials that you should definitely bring with you to the beach this break!

1.   Flowy, Striped Pants

I have a feeling flowy, striped pants are going to be huge this upcoming spring and summer. They’re so comfortable and casual, yet so fashionable, elevating any outfit to the next level. These are so versatile, working perfectly from a beach coverup to an outfit to sport around town. Here is a pair from Forever 21 that would look perfect with a any neutral bodysuit or crop top!

2.   Printed One Piece Swimsuits

Last summer, one piece swimsuits were all of the rave, and I think this year they will continue to be a favorite, but with a little twist! I love one pieces, but printed ones give the average (and potentially dull) one piece a little more personality! I’ve been loving natural patterns, such as, fruit or plants, and here is an incredibly cute and affordable one piece from Forever 21 that embodies both of those qualities. They seriously give me tropical vibes, and look great on everyone!

3.   Straw Fedora Hat

Lately, I have been obsessing over straw fedora hats. I’m not sure what created this infatuation, but I’m just going to embrace it. I think fedoras are perfect for the beach, and I love the natural and rustic look of the straw material. Wearing some light-wash denim shorts, a flowy top, sandals, and a straw fedora is definitely going to be my go-to spring and summer look this year. Here is one of my favorites from ASOS that is super cute and affordable!

4.   Petite, Woven Handbag

Straw accessories are seriously making a comeback this year. Another straw accessory that I have been obsessed with has been the petite, straw-woven handbag. They’re so delicate and dainty, and extremely versatile! By wearing one of these straw handbags, you will be giving off some major beach vibes. Here is a super cute one from Lulu’s that will become your bff during spring break!   

With these pieces, you will inevitably turn into the ultimate beach babe this spring break!  

Hello! I'm Dahlia Hamandi, and I'm a fourth year media studies major at the University of Virginia. Some of my hobbies and passions include fashion, photography, cinematography, and watching an excessive amount of YouTube!