Sophia Kim ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Name: Sophia Kim ’17

Year: 2rd year

Major: Undecided- pursuing sociology and cognitive science with a minor in statistics

Hometown: Springfield, Virginia

If you thought you were a die hard Wahoo sports fan, this weeks Campus Celebrity might give you a run for your money. Get to know Sophia Kim, a spectacular second year with a bright future in this week’s edition of Campus Celebrity.

What are you involved in around grounds

• UVA Athletics Marketing and Promotions Intern
  • Intramural Sports supervisor
  • Athletes for Hope at UVa
  • Women’s basketball team manager

Why are you involved with this/these organization(s)? How do they add to your experience at UVA?

• I’m a huge fan of sports. I grew up with 2 older brothers who always had the TV tuned to a sports game, usually to a Redskins, Wizards, Nationals or Orioles game.
  • Being involved in these activities allows me to meet those who have similar interests as I do, which include eventually going into the sports industry post graduation.

What is your favorite thing to do during your free time?

• Hiking. If I could hike every hiking trail there is in the world, I totally would. The view at the top always takes my breath away.

What caused you to get involved with UVA athletics?

• I’m a die hard wahoo fan and nothing is a greater honor than being a part of the phenomenal athletic program UVA has to offer.
  • Sports is just something that has always been my interest and it’s the best way I like to spend my time, whether it’s playing the sport or watching.

Things on your personal bucket list to do before you graduate? 

• Run the Charlottesville marathon
  • Have dinner with President Sullivan
  • Foster a puppy from SPCA
  • Attend one of each a capella group’s concerts
  • Stargaze at Observatory Hill
Student-athlete at the University of Virginia, that loves journalism!