Bgb Editor\'S Letter Hero Image
Bgb Editor\'S Letter Hero Image
Adebusola Abujade / Her Campus Media
Style > Beauty

Selena Gomez Made a Makeup Line. Is It Worth It?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Selena Gomez recently launched a makeup line called Rare Beauty. The message of the brand is to embrace your own beauty, using products that look natural and easy to use. I was so excited to try out Rare Beauty products because I love Selena and the message behind the brand. Spoiler alert: every product is a hit.

Liquid Touch Brightening Concealer, $19

I was really shocked with the prices of these products. Usually, at Sephora, a concealer is around $30. The shade range of this product is great–– there is a shade for everyone. I love this concealer because it brightens and covers what you want it to, but it looks so natural. It looks like your skin, which I love. For the price and the quality, this one is a 10/10.

Stay Vulnerable Melting Blush, $21

I recommend this cream blush to all the makeup-lovers in my life. Cream and liquid products have become super trendy in the makeup world. Cream products help to make your products look more natural, and they are super easy to work with. This one from Rare Beauty has beautiful colors and makes your skin glow.

Positive Light Liquid Luminizer, $22

Okay, I think this product is my favorite from the brand. Both my sisters and I use this almost every time we do our makeup. My favorite shade is Mesmerize, a rose-gold bronze. Again, the shade range is great. This liquid highlighter makes your skin look so youthful and glowy. Selena really perfected these cream and liquid products.  

Magnetic Spirit Eyeshadow Palette, $25

I LOVE eyeshadow. I think it is so fun to play around with different colors. It can also be a bit intimidating. I really love this 6-pan eyeshadow palette by Selena. My sister got me it as a present, and the colors are so fun and work during all times of the year. The majority of the palette are shimmers, but they are such unique shades that help amp up any makeup look!

Stay Vulnerable Glossy Lip Balm, $18

This is by far the most comfortable lip gloss I have tried. I hate when lip products are sticky or feel uncomfortable on the lips. This one is so smooth and feels like lip balm (hence the name). I have the shade Nearly Rose, and it is beautiful. It adds the perfect amount of color.

Other products I love from the brand are: Lip Soufflé Matte Lip Color, Perfect Strokes Universal Volumizing Mascara, and Always an Optimist Weightless Eye Primer. Basically, everything from this brand is a 10/10. Between the quality and the prices, these products are totally worth it. I knew Selena would not let us down!

Hi! My name is Macy Villela and I am a first year at the University of Virginia. I am so excited to be a part of UVA's chapter. I am looking forward to writing about study tips, new music, beauty products and secrets, and more!