People You Will Inevitably Run Into at UVA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

There’s no doubt that UVA is filled with bright and intelligent students. However, book-smart doesn’t always translate into real-life. Occasionally you will literally *run into* someone that just hasn’t figured out getting around. Here are the types of people you will inevitably walk into at UVA:

1. The texter

This person is so into their phone that they don’t bother to look up. Walking on the wrong side of the sidewalk, you’re counting down the moments before they walk straight into you. You consider staying on your path and bumping into them, thinking you could really teach them a lesson, but you always cave at the last minute and step out of the way.

2. The row of friends blocking the sidewalk

Whether on the corner or walking to class, there’s always that group of three or four people vying to keep their conversation going, even if it means blocking the entire sidewalk. There’s no way to get around these people, so you end up stepping into the street to power-walk past the group and hope that they notice what they have done.

3. The person that runs onto the bus before people get off

This person is so set on being the first person onto the bus that they rush to the door and run up the stairs, narrowly missing the bus riders getting off. Sometimes they awkwardly mumble “sorry,” but you usually just thank the bus driver and throw shade at the person.

Student-athlete at the University of Virginia, that loves journalism!