This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Name: Noel Meaney

Year: First

Major: Chemical Engineering

Hometown: Naperville, IL

What’s your go-to studying outfit?

My go-to studying outfit is jeans with riding boots and an oversized UVA sweatshirt with a vest.

What are you involved with around Grounds?

I’m on the Engineering Student Council, a part of the Society of Women’s Engineers, and a member of the sorority Delta Gamma.

What are you looking forward to most this semester?

I’m looking forward most to getting to know my DG pledge class and to officially declaring my concentration in engineering.

What’s your favorite item in your closet?

My favorite item in my closet would have to be my teal corduroys. I can dress them up or down, and they make me feel a little more put together than simple jeans.

How would you describe your general style? 

I would describe my style as girly and preppy, but fairly classic and simple.

What trends have you seen around grounds that you like?

I would say that leather leggings and heeled booties are a big trend around grounds during night life. I also love the trend of long necklaces with oversized tops which I’ve seen a lot this fall and winter.

Cassia Jbeili is a first year at the University of Virginia studying engineering. In her hometown in Houston, Texas, she had always wanted to start a blog-site just for girls to give advice or fun new ideas, so she is very excited to be working on the HerCampus team! In her spare time, when engineering workload is not taking over her life, she enjoys baking, participating in exercise classes, taking spontaneous road trips, and creating DIY crafts to decorate the dorm room with!