Mary Kay Makeup Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

This past Sunday, Her Campus at UVA hosted a makeup party for our readers. A Mary Kay consultant joined 10 lucky UVA girls to give them tips and tricks on how to achieve the perfect makeup look. 

Mary Kay was the sixth largest direct selling company in the world in 2011. They sell their makeup through distributors, or beauty consultants, who make a portion of the profits from products they sell to individuals in their community. We were lucky enough to have a consultant visit Charlottesville and offer 10 participants a $20 credit towards any makeup they chose to purchase. All of our readers who were involved were also treated to a free makeup demo!

The participants learned about the most important five steps for getting healthy, flawless skin (cleanse, exfoliate, tone, moisturize, and protect!) The girls then discussed what look they wanted to learn using Mary Kay cosmetics. Our beauty consultant walked them through the ways to apply the company’s makeup products in order to achieve a classic, everyday wearable look. Some used natural tones, while others experimented with using pops of color!

We loved having this opportunity to offer such a fun Sunday afternoon experience to our readers (we also loved that they got some free makeup out of it!) If you’re interested in participating in events like these courtesy of Her Campus at UVA, make sure to like our Facebook page to hear about upcoming opportunities!