Keith Wilson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Name: Keith Douglas Wilson

Hometown: Louisville, Kentucky

Year: 2nd year

Major: Music/ Pre-Batten

Activities Around Grounds: The Virginia Gentlemen, Phi Society Fraternity, The Spotlight Arts Magazine, Arts Scholars, The Monroe Society, Man Up, The University Singers, Chamber Singers

Proudest Moment: My proudest moment would probably have to be when I won the Center for Undergraduate Excellence Arts Grant here at U.Va.

Best Idea for a Perfect Date: I love dates that come as a real surprise. One thing that guys underestimate is how much girls love being asked on a date. To me, the date is all about having time to talk, relate, and learn more about each other.

If I could date any celebrity it would be: I would have to say Carrie Underwood. I love the fact that she came from a simple upbringing, and through her raw talent became a superstar.

Most Embarrassing Moment: I had the awesome opportunity to perform as Romeo in a semi-professional production of Shakespeare’s classic, Romeo and Juliet. Through the countless monologues and “But soft, what light through yonder window breaks” speeches, I would go out every night and profess my love to Juliet. There is a scene in which Romeo and Juliet exit from her balcony kissing and enjoying the feeling of new found love. I guess that feeling got a little to overwhelming, because on one night, I fell almost 10 feet off of Juliet’s balcony onto the stage floor. The crowd laughed, but I composed myself and delivered the rest of the scene.

If I could be reborn as anyone: If i could be reborn as anyone I would be reborn as Walt Disney. This is the guy who succeeded at creating “the happiest place on earth”.

Something people don’t know about me: I absolutely love to cook. Some of my favorite things to make include dry rubbed steak, Chicken a La King, and Nubian Chocolate Cake.

Who is your biggest inspiration: My biggest inspiration, without a doubt, is my father, Dave Wilson. He is absolutely the hardest working man I know and does nothing, but exude energy.

One thing I can’t live without: On the same subject as family, I could never live without my mother’s cooking. There is something about being in the kitchen with Mom.

I feel most attractive in my: I feel most attractive in my Virginia Gentlemen attire. I lace up my leather shoes, tie my bow tie tight, and hit the stage. It is so much fun to perform in front of U.Va and to know that I am looking my best.