Style

If You Were Waiting for a Sign to Buy Doc Martens… This is it

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

When you think of fall fashion what’s the first thing that comes to mind? For me it’s BOOTS! I love every kind of boot: tall boots, ankle boots, mid-calf, sock boots, you name it. But right now, my obsession is Doc Martens. For so long, I resisted the urge. I told myself I could find a cheaper dupe, but I caved and finally bought the classic black lace up Docs and I do not regret it for a minute.

The Laladoc Martens
Her Campus Media

They’re so versatile and you can wear them with so many different outfits. My favorite right now as we transition from summer to fall is a summer dress with a sweater over it and my Docs. They also come in so many different colors and styles that there is quite literally a Doc Marten for everyone.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGFq17GnZXB/

But, if you’re not ready to break the bank because, let’s be real, these shoes are expensive, there are so many great dupes at affordable prices! Because they’re so in style right now, I’ve seen so many Doc Martens style shoes all over the internet right now and sometimes the dupes are even cuter than the original (and the lower price is cuter too). 

And what’s even better is that you can wear them year round! With some thick socks, they’re a perfect winter boot and in spring they would be so cute with a sundress or a skirt. There simply isn’t a more versatile shoe. This is basically my ode to Doc Martens, but from someone who was very anti-Doc Martens for a long time, consider this a sign: if you think you don’t need to buy them, you do.

Katherine is a second year Foreign Affairs major. She loves animals, art, and coffee. Happy reading!
Nikki is a fourth year and a Biology major at the University of Virginia. Her loves in life include reading, animals, and cookies! Writing is one of her creative outlets and she hopes you enjoy her articles as much as she enjoys writing them!