I Tried A $105 Facial Oil And Here’s What Happened 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Okay, I know what you’re thinking, this girl is pretty crazy, right? Right. But anyway, I was scrolling through Sephora’s app on my phone, per usual, and came across this insanely priced facial oil, made by Sunday Riley. It is the Luna Sleeping Night Oil. With four out of five stars, 841 reviews, and 40k loves on the Sephora website, I knew I had stumbled across a cult favorite.

A preface to my story is that I have been dealing with a lot of breakouts and redness on my skin recently, mostly from school-induced stress and hormones due to  Mother Nature’s wonderful gift. So I was reading the claims of this oil and the reviews and I kept hearing about how this oil was working wonders on skin of all levels of maturity. From fine lines and wrinkles to acne and redness, it was looking like a miracle product.

Sunday Riley describes this magical blue elixir as a “retinoid oil that improves skin plumpness and helps fight the appearance of wrinkles, redness, and pores for visibly clearer, younger-looking skin”.

So I decided to take the plunge.

After using this oil for a month now, I can positively assert that this is an amazing skincare essential. Over the course of just a few weeks I have been using this oil as a nighttime moisturizer, or in combination with another lightweight moisturizer. I have definitely noticed a visible reduction in my acne scars, and a plumpness in smile lines around my mouth. I also feel it has helped with preventing new acne around my mouth. It didn’t clear acne up, but has definitely made an improvement in any texture issues I have been having. At $105, I needed this to deliver, and unfortunately for my wallet, it did!

Check out my blog post for more details on this product: https://lovedbyliv.com/2016/11/04/skincare-skin-saver-sunday-riley-luna-oil/

Hi! I am Olivia Bunting, but most people call me Liv. I am a first year at UVA, and I am so excited to be a part of HerCampus!