Style

I Bought 2 Surprise Sweaters from an Online Thrift Store

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

I’m sure most of you have heard the term “fast fashion,” which refers to companies like SheIn and Romwe which sell incredibly cheap but ultimately low-quality clothing items that inevitably end up in the dumpster pretty soon after being bought. I, as an environmentally conscious gal, am always looking for alternatives.

That’s when I discovered Goodfair. This website sells surprise clothing items (such as flannels, t-shirts, sweaters, etc.) that are secondhand. I personally love the worn-in look (and comfortability!) of thrifted clothes so I was all too excited to try this site out. I decided to test it out and ordered the “Pre-Loved Surprise Sweatshirt/Hoodie” for the 2 for $20 deal in size small. 

Sweatshirt #1

The first sweatshirt in the pre-loved surprise sweatshirt pack was a simple but oh-so soft gray crewneck. The inside was incredibly soft, even after obviously having been owned before. True to size, this crewneck sweater is cozy and perfect for reading a book and drinking a cup of coffee in in the fall! 

Sweatshirt #2

The next sweatshirt was not as plain and instead was another crewneck, this time with “Georgia” written on the front. This shirt had the appearance of a long sleeve but the warmth of a crewneck, so this could definitely become a cold-weather staple! (But it’s still Go Hoos.)

In conclusion, Goodfair has amazing prices, fast delivery, and simple but adorable sweatshirts that would easily add a cozy and cute element to your closet. The environmentally friendly aspect of this business is hard to beat, so if you’re looking for new sweatshirts this fall, Goodfair is the way to go!

Nikki is a fourth year and a Biology major at the University of Virginia. Her loves in life include reading, animals, and cookies! Writing is one of her creative outlets and she hopes you enjoy her articles as much as she enjoys writing them!
Shirley is a fourth year at the University of Virginia. She loves coffee, books, and plants. She also hopes that you'll enjoy her articles!