Four Podcast Favorites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

I have a confession to make…I’m kind of obsessed with podcasts. I know, what a big surprise. It’s not as though I’m the only one to have fallen prey to this particular millennial craze. The thing is, I never thought I’d be one of those people who went around raving about the podcast they listened to. But now I find myself practically addicted to the endless array of podcast episodes that are quite literally at my fingertips. You can practically find a podcast on any topic imaginable. Plus, the medium feels incredibly intimate even though you can’t actually see the people whose voices are streaming through those tiny ear buds.

So, whether you’re a devoted podcast listener or a skeptical newbie, I’ve collected a list of four podcasts that are genuinely entertaining and informative. Have fun listening!

1.   Lady Lovin’ (photo courtesy of ladylovin.com)

This podcast is genuinely such an entertaining and lovable discussion between three besties on all things life and love related. The hosts (Lo, Greta, and Jilly) are refreshingly candid in their discussions on relationships and sex. It is truly an informative and empowering listen!

2.   Fat Mascara (photo courtesy of fatmascara.com)

It’s no secret that I am a bit of a beauty junkie. Okay, that’s an understatement – I’m pretty much in love with beauty products. I’ve been a longtime listener to this podcast and can honestly say this is one of the most informative and entertaining ones I’ve come by. The hosts (Jessica Matlin and Jennifer Goldstein) are professional beauty editors who present beauty news, reviews, and VIP interviews in an incredibly upbeat delivery!

3.   Pardon My French 

(photo courtesy of www.atelierdore.com)

If you’re a lover of fashion, art, photography, literature (or pretty much just life in general), you’re sure to fall in love with this podcast. Hosted by the incredible Garance Doré, a CFDA award winning writer, illustrator, and photographer, this podcast features a series of candid and entertaining conversations on a wide range of topics.

4.   Super Soul Sunday(photo courtesy of www.chicagonow.com)

I’m not even sure if I have to explain this one beyond the fact that it is Oprah’s podcast. There really can be no denying that this woman practically rules the interview scene. This particular podcast is described as an “inspirational series [featuring] programs that nourish the mind, body and spirit while offering insights into living one’s best life.” All this plus Oprah’s soothing voice? I was sold from the start.