Five Fall MUST-Try Hair Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Tired of your locks? Autumn leaves change color, so why shouldn’t you? Richen your hair, or cut it shorter if you dare. Next time you’re at the salon, consider one of these fall trends. From balayage to ombré, there’s something to appeal to everyone’s taste. 

Copper Ombré– If you’re too afraid to color all of your hair, ombré is a great option. It only affects the ends, and it’ll give you a fresh, new look. The ombré is eventually cut, so hair at the roots is not damaged. The copper color trumps the typical blonde ombré in a more wholesome autumn look. 

Color Melt– If you’re looking for something chic, a lob is a great option for college women. It is easy to maintain and style, while still not short. The color melt adds an extra layer of dimension to your locks and lightens the ends. It’s less harsh in contrast than ombré if you’re looking for something subtler.

Rich Brunette– With winter comes dark hair and dark clothes. Consider adding subtle chestnut highlights to richen a natural darker hair color and accentuate curls. 

Bohemian Blonde Balayage– Balayage is trending in effortless lighter-colored hair. It lifts the hair color attuned to your hair’s natural wave texture. This hairstyle is painted on to create a natural-looking effect. It is a very popular option instead of highlights, which can look streaky and unnatural. 

Short Bob & Blonde Tips– Running late to class constantly? Consider cutting your hair short. This hairstyle takes no effort in getting ready, and it’s a little edgy. The blonde tips make the cut less blunt for a more laid back and beautiful look.

You don’t need to be a model to get these gorgeous tresses. Consider these five trends on your next stop at the salon! 

Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus UVA. Third Year at the University of Virginia. Economics Major.