Evan Nolte ’16

A huge congratulations goes out to the UVA basketball team who, with a win over Duke, has won the ACC Tournament! Not only that, but our own men’s hoops have gotten themselves a number 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. A huge part of the team’s success this year has been Evan Nolte, a second-year from Georgia. Read on to learn about what he thinks the team’s success is due to, and how the “Evan Nolte” face came to be (seen below).

Name: Evan Nolte

Year: Second Year

Home town: Milton, GA

Relationship status: In a relationship

Celebrity crush? Emmanuelle Chriqui

Activities outside of basketball?

One in Four, Pancakes for Parkinson’s, ACE Mentoring program. Frequently enjoy a nice jaunt on my horse Winchester. 

How do you feel about being a “celebrity” around grounds?

1. I am definitely not a celebrity and 2, the real celebrities are THE Michael Bugas and THE Nick Cafero….real class acts. 

What do you think has been key to the team’s success this season?

Everyone has really come together as a team and started playing for each other instead of for ourselves individually. When members of a team put their personal agendas aside and genuinely want to be part of something greater than themselves the possibilities are endless. 

Do you have any pre-game rituals?

No pre-game rituals but I definitely make sure to wear my lucky underwear. 

What advice would you give your first year self?

I wish I would have been more focused on academics last spring. After the season we had more free time than we knew what to do with and I slacked off with my work. Still have fun and be social but know there always has to be a level of seriousness with schoolwork that needs to be present.

How did the Evan Nolte face come to be? (See above picture for example) 

For some reason whenever I play and make certain moves with the ball, my face spazzes out.

Katrina Margolis graduated from the University of Virginia with a degree in English and Film. She served as the senior editor of HC UVA for two and a half years. She is currently an assistant editor for The Tab. Wahoowa!