tao and elle on a movie date in heartstopper season 2
Netflix/See-Saw

Charlottesville Date Ideas For This Fall!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Since Charlottesville is more of a college town, you may not think you have as many options when thinking about where to go out on a date, however, Cville does have its spots!

The first place I would recommend for a date is Carter Mountain Orchard which is about a 20 minute drive from campus and you can uber if you do not drive. Right now, they are doing apple picking for only eight dollars a person! I have been apple picking here, so I would recommend going as early as possible in the season because I went in December and there weren’t that many good apples left throughout the fields. However, it is so fun to pick the apples and they have many trees to pick from. That’s not all you can do though because they have food trucks and their famous apple cider donuts as well as a wine shop. It all overlooks the city of Charlottesville as well so you can take some cute pictures and watch the sunset go down beautifully.

If you are looking for something on grounds that you can walk to, I would recommend going to the Fralin Museum of Art as another date idea! I have been here before and I think the Museum is so cute! It is not anything huge but it has two floors of art to explore and you can definitely spend some time looking around. The staff will answer any questions and are so friendly! It is right in front of Mad Bowl, so you can walk depending on where you live or even take the bus.

Lastly, go play mini-golf at the Putt-Putt Fun Center! It is about a 13 minute drive from campus but it is in a nice and calm area off the road. The obstacle was perfect because it was not too short or too long so it was worth the money. The place itself is also really cute and you can definitely take a lot of pictures as well as enjoy the views around you. I also think the staff was very nice and it wasn’t too packed so you can enjoy your privacy. 

I hope you enjoy these suggestions and remember that dates can be solo, with your friends, or a significant other but regardless have a great season as we approach Halloween and Christmas! 

Hi! My name is Roba Metwally and I am a third year student at the University of Virginia. I am on a Pre-Law path, therefore, I am majoring in Political Philosophy, Policy, and Law and minoring in Public Policy and Leadership in the Frank Batten School at UVA. I want to go into criminal law by helping the wrongfully convicted and eventually having my own firm. Outside of her campus, I am a Co-director of Student Legal Services under Student Council, a Resident Advisor for UVA housing and residence life, a member of SWAP@UVA and a member of the Egyptian Student Association. I am from Fairfax Station, Virginia but I have lived in Canada and England. I'm Egyptian and Palestinian. I speak Arabic and a little French. I love traveling and just recently did a study abroad program in Morocco for 2 months. I am the youngest daughter, a night owl, and I love cats!