Dancing With The Stars (Taylor’s Version)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Only six couples remain and the stakes have never been higher this season of Dancing With the Stars. With just three episodes left in the 32nd season of this beloved show, the contestants have to perform better than ever before. Coming off of Whitney Houston night, where actor Barry Williams was sadly eliminated, this week’s episode is dedicated to another female icon – Taylor Swift. Fresh off the release of 1989 (Taylor’s Version), this episode will be a celebration of Swift’s different era’s and of the progress made by the couples this season.

Here’s a breakdown of the couples left:

Xochitl Gomez & Val Chmerkovskiy

Marvel actress Xochitl Gomez has been a frontrunner this season. Despite an ankle injury during last week’s show, she persisted and performed a terrific tango to the classic (and very applicable) “I Want to Dance With Somebody.” As the first couple to achieve a perfect 40, she’s achieving her wildest dreams.

Jason Mraz & Daniella Karagach

Grammy award winning singer-songwriter Jason Mraz has stunned from his very first jive this season. Despite having lost against Barry Williams in a salsa dance-off, Mraz has continued onto the next round of competition and I’m excited to see what he has in store.

Harry Jowsey & Rylee Arnold

This duo has used social media to their advantage this season, creating newfound hype for the show and their relationship as dance partners. Reality star Harry Jowsey braved ballet classes this week in an attempt to improve his dancing abilities. Unfortunately this did not seem to make a difference, as they scored the lowest of all the couples this week, earning just 28 out of 40 points. Fingers crossed they’ll be able shake it off.

Charity Lawson & Artem Chigvintsev

Bachelorette reality star Charity Lawson performed a Viennese waltz this week that guest judge Billy Porter described as simply gorgeous. Her success continued in the dance off, where she beat Gomez in their highly competitive match. Despite her formidable score of a 36 out of 40, she was in the bottom three this week with Mraz and Lawson.

Ariana Madix & Pasha Pashkov

Another reality star, Ariana Madix of Vanderpump Rules, is taking the Dancing With the Stars stage by storm. She earned a 39 out of 40 points in her performance to Whitney Houston’s “Queen of the Night” this week. She’s got a big reputation and it’ll be interesting to see how she performs coming into the end game of this season.

Alyson Hannigan & Sasha Farber

How I Met Your Mother and American Pie actress Alyson Hannigan performed an emotional contemporary dance this week. She talked about her connection to the dance’s song, “Greatest Love of All”, which helped her learn to love herself in her youth.

Seton Gerrity is a new member of HerCampus at the University of Virginia. She is a first year from Annapolis, Maryland who is currently undecided for her major.