This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

After a long five months of being quarantined at home, and another month and a half of the current school year, it’s finally Octoberーa month bursting at the seams with fall spirit. October is characterized by pumpkins, apples, an assortment of fall-themed foods and drinks, Halloween, and more. Besides all of that, there are so many fun activities to do, especially as a date. So, here are some super cute date ideas to do with your partner this fall.

Apple Picking

Apple picking is a must-do fall activity, and who better to go with than your partner? It’s the perfect occasion to wear cute sweaters (and masks, of course) and take pictures together in the orchard. Charlottesville has some amazing apple orchards to visit, such as Carter Mountain or Henley’s Orchard. Going apple picking is a fun and lowkey event, and also a great excuse to get some apple cider donuts.

Visiting a Pumpkin Patch

There’s nothing more synonymous with fall than visiting a pumpkin patch. Not only is this a great way to spend an afternoon with your partner, but you can also extend the date by having a pumpkin photoshoot, carving silly designs, or even baking pumpkin pies! A great option in the area is Chiles Peach Orchard, which is only twenty minutes away from Central Grounds.

Hiking

Third on our list is hiking, a great option for active couples who love the outdoors and beautiful views. We Hoos have really lucked out in this 

area一Charlottesville has an endless amount of trails, mountains, and parks to hike in and explore. Some popular spots are Humpback Rock and Old Rag Mountain.

Baking Fall Treats

If you and your partner prefer a day in, you can always spend the afternoon baking yummy fall treats. You can use this opportunity to make some pie with the pumpkin you got from the pumpkin patch! Some of my favorite fall treats that I recommend include pumpkin rolls, apple pie, and pumpkin cream cheese cookies.

Going for a Drive

The final date idea is great for a couple who want to see the beautiful fall mountain views without having to hike a few miles to see it. At UVA, we’re not very far from the famous Blue Ridge Parkway, a scenic and relaxing route through the mountains with tons of outlooks to pull off the road and hang out at.

All of these ideas are great options for you and your partner, or even you and some friends. Fall is such a fun season (and my personal favorite) and I hope that you can try all of these ideas before we get to winter. Happy fall!

Leah Talbott is a third year at the University of Virginia. She is majoring in psychology and planning on attending graduate school to obtain her Master's degree in I/O psychology after graduation. Leah enjoys writing, being creative, trying out new restaurants, and spending time with her golden retriever.