Come Visit Us at the Student Activities Fair!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Are you interested in writing, pop culture, and media? If so, come check out Her Campus at UVA during the fall student activities fair! We will be located on the South Lawn near Rouss-Robertson Hall from 11AM-3PM. 

(Photos courtesy of UVA Student Council)

We are the #1 media site/online magazine dedicated to female empowerment! As a member of Her Campus, you will get the opportunity to write and publish articles about whatever your heart desires (lifestyle, beauty, book reviews, fashion, etc). 

Aside from writing articles, we have some cool events like DIY nights, chapter bonding, and more. This past semester, we hosted a basketball themed DIY night for the NCAA championships and went to Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian’s talk in partnership with the New York Times. We also do several brand partnerships throughout the year, which consists of reviewing and tabling samples given to us. 

(Photo courtesy of Shirley Chu)

“Since joining the Her Campus Team, members have been offered jobs and internships with Glamour, Vogue, Buzzfeed, Vanity Fair, Seventeen, Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar, People, The Huffington Post, Teen Vogue, InStyle, Esquire, O magazine, MTV, The Washington Post, and many more.” – Her Campus 

We are active on social media as well, so please check out and follow our handles. We hope to see you at the fair! 

Shirley is a fourth year at the University of Virginia. She loves coffee, books, and plants. She also hopes that you'll enjoy her articles!