Cece Connor ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Year: 3rd Year

Major: English (with a Modern Studies concentration in Food and Consumption in Literature)

Involvements: Vice President of Organization for Kappa Kappa Gamma, outgoing Marketing Chair for Dance Marathon, incoming Marketing Chiar for Fourth-Year Trustees, volunteer for Terry McAuliffe’s campaign for Governor of Virginia

What motivated you to get involved around Grounds?

I’ve always loved giving back to my local community, especially to kids. In high school, I was part of an initiative through Ford’s Theatre in Washington, D.C. that helped teachers create fun and interactive curriculums for their students. My high school was also very involved in serving our local community, often designating whole days of school to go out and complete community service projects in the area. When I came to UVA, I found that Dance Marathon was one of the most exciting groups around grounds, as all of its fundraising efforts went straight back to local families and patients of UVA Children’s Hospital. I am also very excited about serving our UVA community as a Fourth-Year Trustee, as I wanted to give back to students, faculty, and school that I’ve called my home for the past three years! Finally, being from Washington, D.C., I’ve always been interested in politics (you can’t avoid it!). So I have decided to volunteer for Terry McAuliffe’s campaign for Governor for Virginia

What are your plans for the future?

I hope to see myself going into marketing and communications after graduation somewhere in a big city. I have also contemplated going to culinary school after graduation, to pursue a career and food writing and publication. We shall see!