Bodo’s Introduces Mini Cakes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Bodo’s has decided to introduce cakes into their menu, despite it already being one of the most popular restaurants in Charlottesville. It’s surprising that the local chain that feeds 6,000 people per day would alter its menu, but Bodo’s co-owner Scott Smith states, “We wanted to develop something very small and unique to our market, to satisfy the dessert urge without crowding out the meal.” 

Posted on Bodo’s Facebook Page:
“We make them from scratch of premium chocolate ingredients (Barry Callebaut, Valrhona, Van Leer) and top them with with a bit of candied orange peel. They’re rich, complex and incredibly good. Years in the making. Our very own. We call them Cakes … and we’re sure you’ll like them.”

Cakes are $1.25 each and currently only at the Preston Ave. location.

Source: http://charlottesville29.com/2013/09/26/bodos-introduces-cakes/

Sara Neel is a second year studying architecture at the University of Virginia. She is a Contributing Writer and a Chapter Advisor for Her Campus. Apart from Her Campus, she is a writer and layout designer for her school's fashion magazine, V Magazine at UVa, and an Ambassador for Stylitics.com. When she's not busy writing or doing work, you can probably find her shopping, reading, playing tennis, or at Starbucks.