The Best Lines of “Left Swipe Dat” Music Video

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

The “Left Swipe Dat” music video by truth has been all over TV and Buzzfeed. Revolving around Tinder, the video calls out people that smoke, “swiping them left” as a form of rejection. While I highly recommend watching the full video for a good laugh, here are the best two verses of the song:

YEAH, YOU WORK OUT – YOU’RE IN SHAPE, OKI LIKE THE 6 PACK ABS, BUT NOT THE SIX PACKS A DAY!

MR WORLD TRAVELER, YOUR TRIPS LOOK EXPENSIVESITTIN ON A MOUNTAIN TOP LOOKIN ALL PENSIVEI WAS JUST ABOUT TO ASK, HOW’S THE AIR UP THERE?BUT BASED ON THIS PIC, GUESS YOU DON’T REALLY CARE

This catchy music video will definitely get stuck in your head, but its message should persist beyond the “gotta gotta gotta swipe it left!” Smoking is not only unappealing, it’s an unhealthy habit with horrible consequences. “Left Swipe Dat” is just a lighthearted reminder of how unattractive it is to smoke.

truth has told us before that we can be the generation to end smoking, and as our beloved Thomas Jefferson once said, “every generation needs a new revolution.” So, what’s stopping us?  

Katrina Margolis graduated from the University of Virginia with a degree in English and Film. She served as the senior editor of HC UVA for two and a half years. She is currently an assistant editor for The Tab. Wahoowa!