This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

It’s finally fall, and if you’re like me, you’re super excited to change out your summer tank tops and shorts for some sweaters and jeans. However, you might run into the problem of your outfit being a little too plain or find yourself wanting to spice things up somehow (it is fall after all!). Here are some of the best fall accessories to add some wow-factor to your outfit.

Scarves

Whether it’s plaid or a cozy blanket scarf, this accessory is functional and always dresses up your outfit. It’ll definitely keep you warm on those chillier days, while going with pretty much anything—a sweater dress, a long sleeve top paired with jeans, you name it!

Headbands

Remember those headbands you used to wear in elementary and middle school? They’re back in style again—well, maybe not those specifically, but these hair accessories will do the trick when you’re looking for a way to keep your hair out of your face and bring your outfit up a notch. Bring out your inner Blair Waldorf!

Fall Hats

One of my favorite accessories! Hats can be expensive, but Target and Walmart always have some great finds that are fairly inexpensive, and they totally top off any outfit!

Belts

This one is simple, but sometimes you forget to think of it! Belts can bring any outfit together—wear it around a dress or just with a plain top and jeans to keep your outfit simple, yet on trend!

Jewelry

Okay, maybe you’ve gone through this list but still struggle with styling these pieces. Go back to the basics and pull out some jewelry you haven’t worn very often! Grab a couple bracelets, a long pendant necklace, or some fun earrings you rarely wear and try them out. Jewelry is a classic accessory for every season and is super easy to wear!

There you have itーsome cute accessories for a great season! I hope you fall for these accessories and enjoy trying them out!

Julia is a second-year at the University of Virginia majoring in Speech Communication Disorders, and she plans on becoming a pediatric speech-language pathologist. In her free time, she loves hanging out with her friends and playing sports (mostly basketball and soccer). She's also addicted to shopping and bingeing the same shows on Netflix (Gossip Girl and Jane the Virgin are some of her favs!). She enjoys writing as a creative outlet and hopes you like her articles!
Nikki is a fourth year and a Biology major at the University of Virginia. Her loves in life include reading, animals, and cookies! Writing is one of her creative outlets and she hopes you enjoy her articles as much as she enjoys writing them!