Style > Beauty

Best of Beauty and Skincare in January

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Welcome back to Grounds for the New Year, Hoos! Although we’ve settled back into our daily routines after a well-needed winter break, we can’t forget about our daily skincare and makeup routines. Here are some of my favorite skincare and beauty products so far in 2018!

1. Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Mud Mask, $6.99

The best base for perfect makeup is, of course, beautiful skin. This mask is so affordable and deeply cleans my pores without making my skin break out. Not to mention, my skin is always left super soft and bright after using it! This product is a great value for the money, and I recommend it to all of my friends who need to pamper their skin a little bit extra this winter.

(Image courtesy of Formula 10.0.6)

2. DIY Sugar Lip Scrubs

So, I have a new obsession: lip scrubs. But why buy an overpriced lip scrub from Lush when you already have all of the ingredients in your pantry? Lip scrubs are so easy to make, and they’re perfect for the dry, winter months. They perfectly exfoliate my lips, leaving them looking and feeling so soft. There are so many recipes on Pinterest, but here is one of my favorites that is made with brown sugar, honey, and coconut! 

3. Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara, $25.00

This mascara has been my hands-down, favorite mascara of 2018 so far! It makes my lashes so voluminous and long without getting too clumpy. Use one coat for a natural look, or use two coats for full-glam! This is an optional step, but, I have been using this mascara in conjunction with the Lancôme Cils Booster XL Lash Primer, and the results are amazing!

(Image courtesy of Lancôme)

4. Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb, $18.00

This gloss has been my go-to throughout January. It gives your lips a natural sheen that looks great on any skin-tone. I love that it’s a natural color, so you don’t need to worry about being too precise about the application. And let’s not forget that it smells amazing!

(Image courtesy of Fenti)

5. Pixi Glow Mist, $15.00

Because of the colder weather, my skin can get so dry. To keep my skin looking refreshed, I love using this glow mist to set my makeup! It gives the skin such a natural glow after applying foundation and powder, creating the illusion of dewy, moisturized skin.

(Image courtesy of Pixi)

These have been my favorite products of 2018 so far, and they have all helped in keeping my skin looking and feeling flawless!

Hello! I'm Dahlia Hamandi, and I'm a fourth year media studies major at the University of Virginia. Some of my hobbies and passions include fashion, photography, cinematography, and watching an excessive amount of YouTube!