The Best (and Worst) Content Coming to Netflix in November

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

While every month has its surprises, there’s one thing we can always count onーnew shows and movies on Netflix. Some of this new content is amazing, so it’s super exciting to be able to watch some old favorites. Unfortunately, other content being added is either boring, overrated, or just bad. I’m here to tell you the must-watch (and must-avoid) shows and movies of November.

The Best: Easy A (2010) 

This iconic teen rom-com is one of the classics of the early 2010s. Featuring the amazing Emma Stone as Olive, it tells the story of a girl who decides to use the rumors meant to make fun of her to her own advantage.

The Best: The Crown (Season 4)

A show based on the lives of the current British royal family, the newest season introduces one of the most popular members of the royal family to ever live: Princess Diana.

The Best: Dolly Parton’s Christmas on the Square (2020)

The amazing Dolly Parton stars in this Christmas movie about a small town facing tough times. Not only does she star in it, but Parton also wrote and sang the soundtrack.

The Best: Notes for My Son / El Cuaderno de Tomy (2020)

Notes for My Son is an Argentinian movie about a woman battling terminal cancer who decides to write a book about her life. While it may be in Spanish, this Netflix original film is sure to be a tearjerker.

The Best: Whose Streets? (2017)

This film is a documentary on the killing of 18-year-old Michael Brown by police in Ferguson, Missouri. The documentary covers the event and the protests that followed it.

The Worst: The Princess Switch: Switched Again (2020)

In my opinion, the first movie wasn’t very good to begin with. In addition, Netflix has a reputation for producing not-very-good sequels that shouldn’t have been made in the first place. This is definitely a movie I would avoid.

The Worst: The Next Karate Kid (1994)

This movie (the fourth in the Karate Kid franchise) has a 7% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Need I say anymore? Besides that, The Karate Kid is a classic. So many sequels were completely unnecessary, especially since they were rated so poorly.

The Worst: Mile 22 (2018)

Starring Mark Walhberg, this movie features him as a CIA operative working on a dangerous mission. While Mark Walhberg may be a good actor, this movie unfortunately misses the mark (pun not intended). With a very low rating, this movie is certainly a skip.

Of course, these all are just my opinions. If you want to see what else is coming to Netflix this November, just check it out here!

Leah Talbott is a third year at the University of Virginia. She is majoring in psychology and planning on attending graduate school to obtain her Master's degree in I/O psychology after graduation. Leah enjoys writing, being creative, trying out new restaurants, and spending time with her golden retriever.
Nikki is a fourth year and a Biology major at the University of Virginia. Her loves in life include reading, animals, and cookies! Writing is one of her creative outlets and she hopes you enjoy her articles as much as she enjoys writing them!