Anisha Kumar ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Name:  Anisha Kumar

Year: First

Hometown:  South Riding, Virginia

Major: Pre-comm

What are you involved in?

I’m involved with the Spoon University Marketing Team, which is really fun because I get the scoop on all the hot restaurants! I joined Salsa Club and I volunteer at Madison House for a recreational therapy program. I also help with the online graphics at the Cav Daily.

Rainy day activities?

A perfect lazy day consisting of sitting on the couch, drinking hot tea, and watching my go to movie: Bridesmaids!

Favorite city that you’ve visited?

In the US:

Los Angeles—I love NYC and this felt like NYC but by the beach! I loved the overall vibe of L.A. honestly.

Not in the US:

London—I’m a city girl, as you can tell, but I’m definitely not the best at navigating through them! I don’t really know what I’m doing when it comes to directions, but it’s all an adventure… right?

Best piece of advice for incoming first years?

Don’t worry if you don’t get the classes you want at orientation, because you’ll get them eventually! Everything ends up working out.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Living somewhere in the city, because this is hypothetically after graduation so I want to change up the environment! I would hopefully be starting to branch out into marketing, maybe working for a fashion retail line? As I’m getting the field experience, I’d also be looking into options for grad school. I just want to be working first before I go to school again. Oh and, I would love to host dinner parties in my fabulous apartment surrounded by my amazing friends!

If you could live anywhere other than Charlottesville where would that be?

I would love to live in San Diego! I absolutely love the west coast, I see myself living there some day.

What actress would you want to have act your role in a movie about your life?

Zooey Deschanel: She’s a perfect mix of funny and awkward!

What genre would this movie fall in?

It would definitely be a comedy; my daily struggles would be something easy to laugh at!

Favorites of the moment:

Restaurant- Macaroni Grill

Club that you’ve joined- Salsa!

Moment at UVA: One night, a couple of my hall mates and I finally ordered non-dining hall food but the catch was we couldn’t figure out where to order from.We were between Domino’s and Ming’s and by the time we decided Ming was closed. So, we ended up with pizza at midnight! It’s hilarious; we laugh about it every time.

Song: El Perdon by Enrique Iglesias

Ice Cream Flavor: Cookie Dough

Choose:

1.     Book vs. Movie (first)

2.     Ellie Goulding vs. Ed Sheeran

3.     City vs. Country 

4.     Sweet vs. Salty

5.     Spring vs. Summer

Smile, it makes you live longer!