9 Reasons To Go Wine Tasting

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Spring is in the air, sun dresses are being brought from the depths of closets, and it is wine season! One of the most popular spring activities for UVA students is to go to wine tasting at one of the over fifty local vineyards and wineries. Virginia has some of the country’s best wine and as Charlottesville residents we are lucky to be in close vicinity to most of its renowned and picturesque vineyards. Here are some reasons why you definitely need to go wine tasting this spring:

1.     You get to feel classy while getting sloppy

2.     You can learn more about the wine you might take advantage of on Thirsty Thursday

3.     Free food! Most wine tastings will pair food with their wine

4.     An excuse to wear a sundress

5.     Get to drink without the grime of the bar scene

6.     Good way to spend quality friend time

7.     Can enjoy the beautiful views—has the added perk of being a great backdrop for Instagram pics

8.     Wine relieves stress and finals are coming up

9.      Do you really need any reasons to drink more wine?

Hi, I'm Allyson! I am a Chapter Advisor for Her Campus as well as a contributor for the University of Virginia chapter. I'm currently a 4th year at UVA and majoring in English.
Katrina Margolis graduated from the University of Virginia with a degree in English and Film. She served as the senior editor of HC UVA for two and a half years. She is currently an assistant editor for The Tab. Wahoowa!