Style > Beauty

7 Beauty Looks from Fashion Weeks So Far

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

The arrival of the Autumn Equinox, which takes place on September 22, marks the first official day of fall. Many of you around grounds have already begun to eagerly anticipate the changing seasons (PSL, anyone?).  But while we await sweater weather and fall break, the professional fashionistas and tastemakers of the world crowd into sleek venues with long runways lined with spring fashion looks. Welcome to September, the fabulously glamorous month of Spring Fashion Week shows. So far, they’ve made it through the New York and London Fashion Weeks, and are currently living the Italian high life at Milan’s Fashion Week. Next up? Paris of course!

Obviously, the central focus of Fashion Week is the fashion (duh). But that is certainly not to say that other aspects of the show aren’t important as well. Beauty is increasingly becoming a focal point on the runways, and new, striking looks are constantly drawing attention. In fact, Fashion Week beauty trends are arguably now just as influential as the fashion. Of course, some of these looks may seem downright crazy to you (glitter lips are not exactly the most durable), especially considering we are college students. But if you enjoy trying out new beauty trends, experimenting with your look, or just feel like a change, check out some of the most popular beauty moments from the shows thus far (shown below). You never know, you might just discover you new signature look! Plus, I don’t see why you can’t be a fashionista and/or tastemaker wherever you are – be it Charlottesville or Paris. 

1.    “Rose Quartz” Hair Color

(As seen on model Stella Lucia at the Alexander Wang show.) (photo courtesy of wmagazine.com)

2.    Low ponytail tied loosely with a pastel scrunchie. 

(As seen at the Mansur Gavirel show.)(photo courtesy of vogue.com

3.    Bold Cat Eye 

(As seen at the Versus Versace show.)(photo courtesy of wmagazine.com)

4.    Ombré Red Lips

(As seen at Helmut Lang.)(photo courtesy of vogue.com)

5.    Glitter Lips

(As seen at designer Hannah Weiland’s Shrimps presentation.)(photo courtesy of vogue.com)

6.    Embellished hair barrettes and deep side parts. 

(As seen at Simone Rocha.)(photo courtesy of wmagazine.com)

7.    Crisp white under eyeliner. 

(As seen at Ulla Johnson.)(photo courtesy of wmagazine.com)