6 Facebook Events for Hurricane Florence That Will Make You Click “Going”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Author’s note: This is satire. Hurricane prep should be taken seriously, and I obviously don’t wish Charlottesville was going to have severe flooding. 

I’m totally going to hell for wishing disastrous flooding upon C-ville, but man, I was ready for some days off. While some people were preparing for Florence’s visit, I was preparing to sleep in and not cry over my homework. As you can tell, my distaste for school and the Eastern seaboard’s distaste for natural disasters are clearly of the same importance. I’m not the only one prepping either; all of Facebook seems to share the same slightly crazed anticipation. Facebook’s calendar is currently populated with hurricane-themed events, and some of them are actually pretty funny. Here are 6 of the best Facebook events for Hurricane Florence. 

Old Dorms can relate

Elle Woods is quaking

Just respect my space, Florence!

#NotMyHurricane

That’s how math works, duh. 

Support strong women in weather!

Hi! I'm Summer! I'm a fourth-year biology major at the University of Virginia, and President/Campus Correspondent for HCUVA. I love HC because it elevates the female voice and provides a platform for my passions in an awesome #girlsquad community! I hope you enjoy my articles as much as I enjoyed writing them. Thanks for checking out my page, and happy reading!