5 Upcoming Movies to Get Excited About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

In my opinion, February is one of the most unnecessary months there is. The only exciting thing about February is Valentine’s Day and who really needs it? (Can you tell I’m single?) So, in order to help get you all through the month, I’ve compiled a list of upcoming movies for you all to look forward to!

Spongebob: Sponge Out of Water (February 2015)

For those of you who have been feeling deprived of our favorite yellow sponge, despair no more! Spongebob: Sponge Out of Water hits theatres this Friday, bring some of your friends and relive your childhood days.

Fifty Shades of Grey (February 2015)

Fifty Shades of Grey hits theatres the day before Valentine’s Day, making it the perfect movie to see with your SO in order to get in the holiday mood. If you don’t have a SO, its also a great movie to see with friends so you can all gawk over how hot Jamie Dornan is.

Unfriended (April 2015)

If this title sounds familiar to you, it’s probably because you’ve seen the trailer. The trailer already has over 4 million views and has gotten a lot of buzz, largely due to the fact that it’s a scary movie centered around a Skype call amongst friends. Beware, you might want to delete all forms of social media after watching it.

Pitch Perfect 2 (May 2015)

One of the most anticipated movies on the list, the sequel to the movie that featured our very own Hullabahoos will be hitting theatres this May. The trailer aired during the Super Bowl and it looks to be just as hilarious as the first one.

Magic Mike XXL (July 2015)

I’ve seen Magic Mike but if you asked me what the movie was about I honestly couldn’t tell you—but does that really matter? Channing Tatum returns for Magic Mike XXL and I think that’s really all you need to know.