5 Stores in Downtown Charlottesville That You Must Check Out

Charlottesville’s downtown mall is quite the charm in the fall. Guitarists line the street playing acoustic hits, outdoor vendors sell trendy trinkets, and fall leaves brighten the atmosphere. While perusing downtown last weekend, I stumbled upon 5 awesome stores that definitely need to be checked out. 

1. 1. O’Suzannah

This is by far my favorite store downtown. It is a gift boutique that is colored coded and laid out by theme. All of the items in the store make great gifts for anyone, and I can easily blow money there for no reason. They have awesome posers, pins, stationary, and more.

2. 2. Splendora

This gelato place is amazing. Their flavors are seasonal, unique, and delicious. I had a painter’s sample of 6 different flavors for a pretty decent price.  (Pro tip: the apple cider flavor is a 10/10).

3. 3. Mudhouse Coffee Roasters

Mudhouse’s aesthetic is perfect for studying, and the coffee is the bomb as well.

4. 4. Kilwins

Their fudge is everything. The entire store also spells like sweet paradise. 

5. 5. Daedalus Bookshop

This place sells used books for great prices. The place is three stories tall and filled to the brim with books - it’s an absolute treasure if you’re a bookworm.